- This event has passed.
Bridging the Gap in Deal Valuation
April 12 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am EDT
Financial modeling can be an integral part of the deal process: how and why each party involved in a transaction models the opportunity affects the perspective of the value of the assets at play. To close partnerships, small and large companies must bridge the gap between their differing views of asset valuation and approaches to financial valuation.
Our distinguished panel of experts from consulting, biotech, and pharma will discuss partnering dynamics in deal valuation. We’ll explore:
- The goals of each party in building financial models and how these models are used
- Various approaches to modeling preferred by each partner, including “cost to build,”,” Net Present Value (NPV), and alternative approaches (Real Options)
- How therapeutic area and stage of development affect the financial valuation
- How to align on estimated costs, key assumptions and value drivers
- Common metrics that are used to determine whether one should sign on the dotted line: NPV vs. eNPV, deal comparables, Value split, break-even analysis
- Commercial forecasts and sensitivity analysis (when to use?)
- Lessons learned from the trenches (e.g. paralysis by analysis)
Bring your questions, share your experience and join the conversation.
- Clare Fisher, Vice President, Interim Head of Transactions, Shire
- Greg Miller, MBA, MPH, Vice President of Business Development & Strategic Planning, Visterra, Inc.
- Henry Rath, MBA, Vice President of Business Development, Seres Therapeutics Inc.
- Mark Stencik, MBA, Director, BD&L Transactions, Merck Boston Innovation Hub
- Lisa Banker, Principal, Northeast Life Sciences Transactions Market Leader, Ernst & Young LLP
- Troy Norris, MBA, Executive Director, Parthenon-EY, Ernst & Young LLP